ONE-TO-ONE: VOICE CONFIDENCE COACHING
Skype/Zoom or In person
Do you want to develop more confidence and authenticity in your voice?
I’ll make sure you’re more confident, connected and comfortable with your voice, whilst having the impact you’d like. We’ll explore ways to release blocks or inhibitions around expressing yourself when you speak, whether that is on stage, facilitating workshops or in day-to-day life. We’ll practice and work specifically on any speeches, presentations or stories you’d like to share or performances you’re working on.
Do you have truths to speak and gifts to give and want to find more playfulness, power, and expression in your voice?
Relaxing your voice is key to developing a fuller, more vibrant and resonant quality to your voice. There is a quality to your voice that is heard and felt when you speak a truth. It’s this quality that actors, singers, and speakers cultivate because this ‘experience of truth’ has it’s own resonance that an audience can feel and emotionally connect with.
We will work with breath, sounds, vocal technique and processes to support you in developing resonance, power, and authenticity in your voice. As old layers of fear and inhibitions are released, you will feel more present, confident and centered and able to share yourself in a way that not only connects with your audience but also lights you up.
Through our work together we will also explore which physical & vocal practices work best for you and develop a personalised practice for you to work with on your own and continue evolving.
This is for you if:
- You feel a lot of tension around your throat and jaw area and want to find ways to release stress in this area and explore why this is happening. Grinding teeth at night and finding you’re often holding your jaw tightly are clear signs of tension here.
- You want to be able to express yourself more easily and confidently but feel blocked and can’t seem to get beyond this ‘fear’.
- You know it’s time for you to speak in front of an audience, leading groups and workshops and yet it feels so vulnerable to even think about it. You’d love to feel more relaxed and confident that you can deliver; without the need to be ‘perfect’.
- You’re aware that yes, there is an element of vulnerability in speaking in front of people but you’re ready to ask for help and support in working through this and develop the skills to do it anyway.
- You want to connect, be heard and still sound like the real ‘you’ without ‘cringing’ at the sound of your own voice (you’re not alone!)
- You’ve experienced trauma or anxiety around your voice and have difficulty being able to express yourself and need a safe space to explore this.
- Working with our voices can feel very vulnerable and it’s important to me that you feel safe and are able to work with whatever arises. I am here to support you but if this work triggers any deeper emotions or trauma then I’d always recommend a professional therapist to work alongside.
These sessions might not be suitable for you if:
- You’re wanting to learn a specific voice style, these sessions are about moving away from stereotypical voices and accessing what is unique about your voice. We’re developing the quality of tone, resonance, and power from what is already there.
- You want to work with a purely technical approach to the voice, it would be best to work with a more specific vocal coach for this.
- You have a medical issue, like damaged vocal cords, which need specialist care & attention.
- You want a quick fix. Although you’ll begin to hear changes in the quality, tone, pitch and resonance quite quickly, usually within the first session, this is a process through which you get to become friends with the sound of your voice as well as develop powerful ways to express it. Some of the more emotional or physical blocks may take longer to release and it is unhealthy to force this organic healing process.
Voice Confidence Coaching month long program.
We meet for 4 x one to one sessions, each session lasts 60 minute.
The sessions happen on skype/zoom, or in-person (in The Hunter Valley.)
In between, you will have practices and processes to support you in deepening and integrating what opens in you during the sessions.
After completion you can choose to continue to practice on your own – you will receive a personalized practice that you can continue with – or you can sign up for another month with me.
$395 per month ($130 single session) **extra charge for in-person
How to book: Sessions can be booked via Paypal or Stripe you can Book Here. After you have paid, you can schedule times onto my calendar under Schedule and can choose your session times. If there are no suitable times available then contact me (here) to arrange a time that can work for us both.
You’ll be sent a pre-session worksheet so that we’re both clear about what you’d like from the sessions and are able to dive straight in during our time together.
How does it work online – do I need technical skills or special equipment?
You’ll need a computer and either skype or zoom for video calls (both are free) + an internet connection that works well enough for video calls. If you’re unsure technically, feel free to contact me and I’ll talk you through it.
What sort of space do I need to be in during the on-line session
You’ll want to feel comfortable to make sounds, experiment with your voice and move around a little so a cafe or public space would be limiting for you depending on the session content. Contact me if you’re not sure.
What will the sessions involve?
This will be individual but we’ll focus on your purpose for the sessions and explore vocal, physical and mindset techniques to support you. If you have a speech or story you’d like to work with we can break this down and work specifically on how to create the right impact and connection with your audience.
What happens if I can’t make a session?
If you are unable to make your session please let me know within 24hrs. All sessions will be rescheduled within the program time frame where possible.
If there are no times available that work for you, let me know and I can see if there’s another suitable option for us both.
Any other questions?